The Best Brownies Ever
Updated: Jan 5
• 4 tablespoons ground flax seed
• 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons water
• 2/3 cup vegan butter (earth balance brand), melted
• 1 cup granulated sugar
• 1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
• 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
• 1 cup all purpose flour
• 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• Make the flax eggs by stirring the ground flax seed and water in a small bowl. Set aside to thicken. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a 7 x 11 pan
• Melt the vegan butter (earth balance brand preferred), and measure 2/3 cup. microwaving the vegan butter at 30 second intervals, until melted.
• In a large bowl, whisk the melted vegan butter and sugars together. Add the flax eggs and vanilla, whisk until evenly combined.
• mix in the flour and cocoa powder. Add the salt and stir until just combined, do not overmix.
• Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth out the top with a spoon.
• Bake for 35-40 minutes, until the middle of the brownies no Longer wiggles.
• A toothpick should come out clean!